Are you interested in learning more about the work of the Nobel Prize winners? Here are the 2010 Nobel Laureates along with links to some of the references cited by the Nobel committees. Links were found using Web of Science and UC-eLinks.
Physiology or Medicine
Robert G. Edwards "for the development of in vitro fertilization, " Press Release (PDF) from the Nobel Prize site.
- Edwards RG. Maturation in vitro of human ovarian oocytes, Lancet, 2:926-929 (1965)
- Edwards RG, Bavister BD, Steptoe PC. Early stages of fertilization in vitro of human oocytes matured in vitro, Nature, 221:632-635 (1969)
- Edwards RG, Steptoe PC, Purdy JM. Fertilization and cleavage in-vitro of preovulator human oocytes, Nature, 227:1307-1309 (1970)
- Steptoe PC, Edwards RG. Birth after reimplantation of a human embryo, Lancet, 2:366 (1978)
- Edwards RG. The bumpy road to human in vitro fertilization, Nature Medicine, 7:1091-1094 (2001)
Andre Geim and Konstantin Novoselov "for groundbreaking experiments regarding the two-dimensional material graphene," Popular Information (PDF) from the Nobel Prize site.
- Novoselov KS, Geim AK, Morozov SV, Jiang D, Zhang Y, Dubonos SV, Grigorieva IV, Firsov AA. Electric field effect in atomically thin carbon films, Science 306:666-669 (2004)
- Geim AK, Novoselov KS. The rise of graphene, Nature Materials, 6:183-191 (2007)
Richard F. Heck, Ei-ichi Negishi and Akira Suzuki "for palladium-catalyzed cross couplings in organic synthesis," Popular Information (PDF) from the Nobel Prize site.
- Heck RF, Nolley JP. Palladium-catalyzed vinylic hydrogen substitution reactions with aryl, benzyl, and styryl halides, Journal of Organic Chemistry, 37:2320-2322 (1972)
- Negishi EI, King AO, Okukado N. Selective carbon-carbon bond formation via transition-metal catalysis .3. Highly selective synthesis of unsymmetrical biaryls and diarylmethanes by nickel-catalyzed or palladium-catalyzed reaction of aryl derivatives and benzylzinc derivatives with aryl halides, Journal of Organic Chemistry, 42:1821-1823 (1977)
- Miyaura N, Suzuki A. Stereoselective synthesis of arylated (e)-alkenes by the reaction of alk-1-enylboranes with aryl halides in the presence of palladium catalyst, Journal of the Chemical Society-Chemical Communications, 19:866-867 (1979)
Online access is provided through library subscriptions. Access is available from all campus computers. UC Berkeley faculty, staff, and students can also access these resources from off campus via the Library proxy server or the campus VPN.