The Kresge Engineering Library will be closed for renovation from Saturday, May 14 through Wednesday, August 17, 2011. It will re-open on Thursday, August 18 at 9 am.
During the closure the Library's print collections will be unavailable for borrowing.
Finding resources you need during the closure:
- All online journals, books, reference sources, etc., will be available as usual. Use OskiCat and Electronic Journals A-Z to find resources you need.
- For print materials held at other campus libraries, continue to pick them up at the other libraries and check them out there.
- For print materials held at NRLF, log on to OskiCat and request them as you currently do. Articles will be scanned and posted to you via email; books will be sent to another campus library that you select for pick up.
- For print materials held at SRLF or any of the other nine UC Libraries and found in Next Generation Melvyl, click the Request button, fill in the form and submit it. Articles requested will be scanned and posted to you via email. Books will be shipped to UC Berkeley's Interlibrary Borrowing office and you'll receive an email when they're ready to be picked up in Doe Library, Room 103.
- Current UC Berkeley faculty and graduate students can borrow materials from Stanford and UT Austin through the Research Library Cooperative Program (RLCP). Books requested through this service will be sent to Doe Library, Circulation Desk for pickup; articles will be delivered electronically.
- For print materials not found at the above places, please request them using the Interlibrary Borrowing Service Form.
To return books: Use the external book drop located outside the entrance to Sibley Auditorium. It carries the label "Bechtel Engineering Library Book Drop".
Getting help during the closure: Engineering Library staff will be on-campus in a temporary location and accessible via email.
- Email Jean, firstname.lastname@example.org or Lisa, email@example.com with any questions
- Course reserves information: email Brice, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Send questions to Ask Us
- More information will be posted about phone service as soon as it's available